Time is running out to book your place at one of our wonderfully festive Christmas County Lunches. The closing date is Monday 15 November.
There are two lunches for you to choose from:
Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club in Bodmin on Thursday 2 December
Budock Vean Hotel in Mawnan Smith on Tuesday 7 December
These lunches are a great chance to get in the holiday spirit and mix and mingle with WI friends from all over the county.
Tickets are £28 per person.
To entice you a bit further, the menus for the lunches are as follows:
- Smoked Haddock Arancini with a tomato and roasted pepper sauce
- Ham Hock and Apricot Terrine with toasted ciabatta and piccalilli
- Creamed Cauliflower and Leek Soup with herb roasted croutons
- Roasted Turkey Parcels with pork stuffing, roast potatoes and turkey gravy
- Baked Cod Fillet with chive mashed potato and lemon Hollandaise
- Butternut Squash Tagine with jewelled cous cous and baby coriander
Followed by a Dessert Trio of mini pavlova with winter berries, Belgian chocolate torte
and a zesty lemon tart
- Cornish Blue Cheese with pear, pomegranate, chicory, walnuts and watercress
- Beetroot cured Scottish Salmon and St Ives Bay Crab with avocado and pickled cucumber
- Cream of Tomato and Basil Soup
- Roast Turkey with chestnut stuffing, pigs in blankets, cranberry sauce and gravy
- Grilled Supreme of Cornish Hake with nut brown butter,
capers and prawns
- Vegetarian Nut Roast with onion gravy
- Christmas Pudding with brandy sauce and Cornish clotted cream
- Orange and Cinnamon Crème Brulee with shortbread biscuits
- A Trio of Westcountry Cheeses served with quince jelly, celery
and a selection of crackers
How can you possibly resist??
You can find application forms here or else ring the Office to book your place on 01872 272843.