WI Birthday Celebrations will take place on the week commencing 13 September 2021, and NFWI would like you all to join in the festivities!
Afternoon Tea Treats
NFWI would like members to share their recipes for Afternoon Tea treats; these will then be amalgamated and made in to a virtual album that will be made available to all members. This could be a tasty cake, summer drink, quirky twist on scones, unusual but delicious sandwich ideas or even adding extras like a picnic egg recipe or chilli jam sausage rolls…
Please send recipes and an image of the finished item, along with your name, WI and the name of your federation to email@example.com by 27 August 2021.
‘Happy WI Birthday’ Card
A virtual birthday card has been created via Thankbox; for those of you who are unfamiliar with this site, it allows individuals to upload an image/gif/video plus message onto a virtual platform/card. On Thursday 16 September, the card will be sent by email to all federations to celebrate WI Day.
To leave your Happy Birthday message, just go to Thankbox. It can either be signed by an individual, a federation or a WI and the message can be aimed at the organisation as a whole or a particular WI or federation.
Access to the card will be open until 5pm on Tuesday 14 September 2021.
Wall of Women
As the theme of WI Day will be based around friendship, NFWI would like to give members the opportunity to celebrate friendships made through the WI.
Members are invited to submit an image of their choice and small piece of text (no more than 50 words) using the following prompts:
- What has lockdown taught you about the importance of friendship in the WI?
- Is there a particular person that you would like to acknowledge or thank?
- The joy of a hug – capturing that special moment when you could socialise with fellow members, friends and family again.
- Have you taken up a new hobby during lockdown?
- What does the WI mean to you?
- Is there a life lesson you want to share with fellow members?
- Has lockdown made you realise the importance of something particular?
These images and bit of writing will all be captured and created into a virtual exhibition, which will be launched on social media and My WI on 16 September to celebrate the day.
Please send images and text to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5pm on Friday 10 September 2021