Following overwhelming demand for the Study Day held at the National Gallery in November 2016, the National Gallery and the NFWI are pleased to offer members another opportunity to come and visit the Gallery in London to learn more about the fascinating world of women in art.
Hosted by National Gallery experts, the day will cover topics including…
• The status of women artists, the purposes of their paintings and obstacles to success
• Women painters and their self portraits
• Facing the subject: Women in portraiture
• Painting goddesses: The female muse and the male gaze
• Beneath the surface: Science and paint
Friday 30 June 2017
The National Gallery
Trafalgar Square, London
11am – 3.30pm
Cost to attend: £18 each
For those members unable to attend the day in June, another Study Day will take place at the National Gallery on the 9 November 2017 although theme and speakers for this day are yet to be confirmed. Advertisement for this day will be released once all arrangements have been confirmed by the Gallery.
Refunds will be given only if the event is cancelled by either the National Gallery or the NFWI.
Please note: Ticket price does not include lunch and refreshments.