AUTUMN FRUIT CAKE
340g self-raising flour, sifted
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon mixed spice
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
175g butter, softened
175g caster sugar
3 tablespoons milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180/Fan 160/Gas 4. Grease an 8 inch/20cm round cake tin and line with parchment baking paper.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin and level the top of the cake with a spatula.
- Bake for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours, until golden brown in colour and a skewer comes out cleanly.
- Once baked, allow the cake to stand in the tin for 10 minutes, before turning out, peeling off parchment and cooling on a wire rack.