The Baker Cup Competition, organised by the Environment & Public Affairs Sub-committee, takes place every two years and is open to all WIs in Cornwall.
The Baker Cup subject for 2024 is Women, Cornwall and the Sea.
Living in this beautiful county as we do we can not escape the impact the sea has had on life here past and present. As the evenings draw in for autumn and winter, pondering and researching this subject will surely yield rich rewards to enjoy and document.
- The report should comprise 4,000-6,000 words of text and include illustrations, tables, maps, etc. as wished.
- It must be the work of at least four members.
- The finished work should include acknowledgements, references and sources, but these are not included in the word count.
- Your entry must be anonymous for judging. The name of your WI and the names of the participants must be provided either separately or as a removable page.
- Closing date for entering and paying the entry fee is 24 February 2024. The entry fee is £8 and must be sent to the CFWI office at Chy Noweth either by cheque or by BACS payment.
- Completed entries must be submitted by 30 May 2024 to Chy Noweth, and may be submitted either electronically or in the physical form of your choice. If you do not use email, a stamped-addressed envelope for acknowledging safe receipt of your entry is advisable.
- The winning WI will be presented with the Baker Cup at the Annual Council Meeting in October 2024.
Closing Date for Entry Application: Thursday 22 February 2024
Final Submission Date for Entries: Thursday 3o May 2024
Entry Cost: £8 per WI
Further Information: Anne Fenwick 01208 872804 / Email: anneL.email@example.com or Jude Wood 01822 832018 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See your WI Secretary for an entry application or download one here.