Inspired by members’ talent and love of photography, the CFWI Board of Trustees invites WI members to enter a photography competition.
Members are invited to submit a photograph on the theme of ‘Bridges’. There is no charge to enter.
- Photographs submitted may be in black and white or colour.
- Photographs may be submitted as prints or emailed. Print photographs must be no larger than 10” x 8”. Electronic photographs must be in a .jpg/.jpeg format at 300dpi.
- Filters or digital enhancing packages, such as Photoshop, will be accepted.
- All photographs must be the original work of the WI member and taken between 1 January 2020 and 31 July 2021.
- Photographs must be taken by a member of the WI; images taken by professional or external sources are not permitted.
- Consent must be given from all individuals that can be identified in the photographs. If there are children under 18, please ensure that consent is given from either a parent or guardian.
- A label bearing the name of the WI member and her WI must be visible on the back of the entry, if a print is submitted. Emailed entries must include the entrant’s name and name of her WI in the body of the email.
- WI members may submit no more than 3 photographs.
- Judging will be based on the image, interpretation of t
- heme and overall presentation.
- WI members must send their entry to CFWI no later than Thursday 26 August 2021.
- Judging will take place during September 2021, and June Eddy Cup will be presented to the winner at the 20 October 2021 Annual Council Meeting.
- The winning entry, runners up plus a selection of chosen entries will be retained by CFWI for display purposes. CFWI reserves the right to use these images on WI social media channels. Photographs will be acknowledged to the WI member.