This year, the Cornish Winter Fair will be held over two days at the Royal Cornwall Events Centre in Wadebridge, 19 and 20 November. The competitions and crafts will be judged on the first day, Saturday 19 November.
We have put together some really exciting competition classes for you to enter, and at only 20p a pop, what do you have to lose?!
Collaborative WI Class
“Ice and Fire”
To be displayed on a table 2’6” x 2’6” and to consist of the following:
• An iced and decorated ginger cake in a 1lb loaf tin – cake and decoration to be judged
• Two savoury items of own choice
• A drink
• An item of handicraft in the form of a snowflake 4” diameter, any medium
• A floral exhibit (no floral foam) – accessories permitted. Not to exceed 12”
Back and side panels permitted if required. 20 marks for each item and 20 marks for general effect and interpretation.
Classes for Individual WI Members
• Six Christmas themed biscuits
• 1lb jar of spicy chutney
• 1lb jar of mincemeat
• A decorated wine glass (no size specified)
• Six paper flowers
• A dried flower arrangement suitable for the dinner table not to exceed 12”, accessories permitted.
• An arrangement in red and green not to exceed 10” accessories permitted (no floral foam)
The Cornish Winter Fair is a free event held entirely under cover in the Events Centre on the Showground. There’s plenty of free parking on-site, and the event runs from 10am until 5pm on each day. As well as the competitions, there is a massive market of Cornish gifts, food and drink available – the perfect opportunity to do a bit of Christmas shopping.
If you’d like to enter one of our competitions, your WI Secretary will have the full schedules and application forms sent to her with the next mailing from CFWI later this month. Applications forms will also be available on our website.